1) Press on Take a photo and select item Document.
2) Place your document on the table or any other surface. It's best if you have proper lighting and the surface is even. If there isn't enough light, we recommend using the flash (can be activated in settings).
3) Once the photo is taken, you can trim off whatever you don't need using the cropping feature. You can also rotate the photo (1).
4) You will then get to a screen with filters that will help you improve/change the quality of your photo:
- Gray - text color is black against gray background;
- Black and White - makes the photo black and white. A good option for documents, contracts, articles etc;
- Color - intensifies and saturates colors. A great option for photo recipes, newspaper articles, sign boards etc;
- Custom - customizable brightness and contrast settings for correctly displaying your document. Just move the sliders to the right / to the left to see the result.
5) Then press on the checkmark to go to the standard Nimbus Clipper editor where the picture can be annotated. From right there you can quickly send the picture to Nimbus Note or save it to an SD card.
Just to remind you, in Nimbus Note you can search for text in pictures and retrieve text from pictures (OCR) to work with it as if it was any regular note.
What's the difference between Photo and Document?
Photo - you take a photo and it goes straight to Nimbus Clipper editor to be annotated and saved to Nimbus Note or an SD card.
Document - once the photo is taken, you can crop it and apply special filters (for instance, you can make your photo black and white), and only then it gets sent to the Nimbus Clipper editor for annotating and saving to Nimbus Note or an SD card. This option is great for "scanning" documents, invoices, receipts, contracts etc. Especially so if you are using Nimbus Note with the OCR feature (retrieving text from pictures) and the feature that allows searching for text in pictures.